Selasa, 20 Oktober 2020

Reading (My Town)

 


My town

My Town – Newquay

by Alex Howarth, 14

I live in Newquay. It’s a small town on the Atlantic coast in the south of England. It has got great beaches and is the best place to surf in the UK. There are lots of surf schools where you can learn how to surf. I go surfing with my friends every weekend. My favourite place is Fistral Beach.


I love Newquay because there are lots of other things to do as well as surfing. If you like water sports, you can go kayaking, water-skiing or coasteering. Coasteering is different because it is rock climbing, jumping into the sea and swimming in the same activity, but you should always go with a special instructor.


If you like animals you can also visit the Blue Reef Aquarium and see lots of different fish and even sharks. You can also go horse riding on the beach or visit Newquay Zoo. There are lots of other attractions too like mini golf and bowling. Come and see for yourself!



Check your understanding: true or false 

(Choose True or False for these sentences.)

 

1. Newquay is in the north of England. (True/False) 

2. Newquay is near the coast. (True/False) 

3. Newquay is a good place to go surfing. (True/False) 

4. Alex loves to do outdoor activities. (True/False) 

5. Coasteering is similar to surfing. (True/False) 

6. There is a zoo in Newquay. (True/False)


Send me the answer in my WhatsApp Personal Chat


Note: Write new vocabularies you got from the text in the comments below!

13 komentar:

  1. New vocabulary
    Coast, water-sking, kayaking, coasteering and rock climbing
    But Mr. Alif please can you help me to tell meaning of kayaking and coasteering because I don't find on Google translate. Thank you
    Tyas Handayani Jamal

    BalasHapus
  2. New vocab kayaking ad coasteering
    Meryam

    BalasHapus
  3. New vocabulary beaches,kayaking,coasteering,waterskiing

    Thank you

    Hamdil Qaswa Fahrudi

    BalasHapus
  4. New vocab :
    Kayaking, water-sking, coasteering, reef.

    Anita

    BalasHapus
  5. New vocab :
    Kayaking, water-sking, coasteering, reef.

    Anita

    BalasHapus
  6. New vocab: kayaking, water-skiing, coasteering, sharks.

    Resma Andriyani

    BalasHapus
  7. New vocab: kayaking, coasteering,, water-skiing.

    Inggrayani

    BalasHapus
  8. My new vocabulary:
    Kayaking, coasteering, reef

    BalasHapus
  9. My New vocabulary:
    Kayaking, coasteering, reef
    Khairunnisa

    BalasHapus
  10. My new vocabulary is 1. Lots, 2. Should, 3. Coast, 4. coastering, 5. Kayaking
    My name Siti Linda Cahayani Fanihu

    BalasHapus
  11. My new vocabulary :
    Coast, coasteering, kayaking. (HENIARTI)

    BalasHapus
  12. My new vocabulary :
    - Coast
    - surf
    - blue reef
    - horse
    - new quay

    Muh. Syahrun

    BalasHapus
  13. My new vocabulary :
    Coast
    Water-skiing
    Coasteering

    (Indriana Musahiddin)

    BalasHapus